J-CAD, Inc is a next generation design company that is passionate about helping business big and small bring their product innovations step-by-step from concept to reality. 3D printing as a manufacturing tool is not simple to utilize. One must be proficient in 3D design (CAD) in order to design intricate designs that can be printed into physical form effectively and efficiently. J-CAD makes it simple for designers and product makers to get their ideas to market efficiently and effectively.
If you have an idea for an invention, design or just a cool product, then definitely take a look at the services J-CAD offers. All you really need to do is send them a sketch with dimensions, an image of a similar product or a 2D file of your desired product and they will have it created for you. Their design team has the capabilities and skills to make your idea into a reality. They offer services worldwide and will perform any task at relatively affordable prices.
“People have great ideas…we turn them into reality!” – Jason Vander Griendt | CEO | J – CAD Inc.
- J-CAD Website
- 3D Print.com on J-CAD
- J-CAD Offers Virtual Reality
- To reach J-CAD directly: 1.888.202.2052
Mentioned In This Episode:
You Will Learn:
- How Jason got started with 3D printing in 2006 in Toronto, CA by transitioning from design work to 3D prototyping work based on feedback from his customers.
- Incorporating outsourced 3D design work into part of J-CAD’s business practices.
- Manufacturing in China for injection molding, manufacturing, design and production to cut costs from present-day 3D prototyping.
- The challenges of learning the 3D printing fundamentals and teaching it for others.
- The frustrations of people who have an idea, but struggle in finding ways to get it made. Oftentimes it takes hundreds of hours just to learn how to design properly, much less learn to 3D print.
- Challenges behind creating things for people for the first time.
- Experience with designers from all over the world who have worked with J-CAD.
- The importance of trust when designing, building and mass producing for others.
- The potential of mass production with 3D printing in our homes.
- Thoughts on new renewable and sustainable materials being made for 3D printing applications.
- Lessons learned in creating J-CAD and providing a service that creates things for others.
- The difficulty in learning 3D design software, especially with the complications of options out there.
- Designing parts for Virtual Reality and how similar process to designing for 3D printing.
- The benefits of being able to visualize what a person is making through Virtual Reality before actually 3D Printing it, saving hours of time.
- Exactly how hands-on Jason is with the design process and customer service.
Enjoy the show!
You can also find The 3D Masterminds Podcast via other Podcast channels.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What 2D ideas do you have that could be 3D printed? Please let us know in the comments.