In this very special episode I discuss a multitude of ways anyone can begin to learn how to utilize 3D printing technology. Whether you are simply optimizing your business or changing the landscape of architecture, there are almost infinite possibilities for the use of 3D printing. I definitely encourage beginning 3D enthusiasts to first experiment with creative projects such as 3D modeling or simply sharing the 3D printer you already have. 3D printing is a phenomenal tool to start learning about the possibilities of the next industrial revolution because of the front to end process that is available now worldwide.
Think it, design it, print it. It really has become that simple. The toughest challenge, as with most businesses, will be marketing your idea.
Although I published this book about an year ago the 7 ways I outlined and the fundamentals of 3D printing technology still ring true today. As a bonus I have included one extra way to make money, so stay tuned (and it’s an important one too!).
- How To Make Money With 3D Printing: Passive Profits, Hacking The 3D Printing Ecosystem And Becoming A World-Class Designer
- Free 30 Day Audible Trial
Mentioned In This Episode:
You Will Learn:
- The seven ways to profit from 3D printing, including a bonus eighth way to make money with 3D printing.
- Create the 3D Designs using a CAD modeling program or 3D scanner and sell these digital files on a marketplace such as Shapeways, Thingiverse and GrabCAD.
- How to sell physical objects that are created with a 3D printer on places like Amazon, Etsy and eBay.
- The Long Tail of Things and The Long Tail of the Internet and what that means for the future of commerce.
- Scaling a business with 3D printers.
- How building your own 3D printer can be a great way to not only profit, but also learn how a 3D printer works. There is a RepRap community dedicated to people sharing and collaborating on new 3D designs.
- If you have a larger idea for a 3D printer business, consider launching your prototype on Kickstarter. Many successful 3D printers have started out this way.
- Using the sharing economy to maximize the capabilities and output of your 3D printer. This is a great way to meet local makers and also make a few dollars with your passion.
- How 3D printing is a wonderful tool for spreading ideas.
- The way companies are using 3D printing today to implement customization as a service and its massive potential.
- Investing in 3D printing companies.
- Teaching others how to use 3D printing is a great way to not only help others, but also it is a wonderful way to learn yourself. There are already developments within STEM programs across the country that are teaching 3D printing at an early age.
- The demand for materials that are unique, high quality, environmentally efficient and renewable is only going to grow, especially as the wealth of knowledge, base of 3D printers and innovation spreads across the world.
Enjoy the episode!
You can also find The 3D Masterminds Podcast via other Podcast channels.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: In what fun ways have you experimented with 3D printing technology as an entrepreneur? Please let us know in the comments.