Today we welcome Edward Quintero who has been a professional 3D designer for 15 years. His portfolio includes having created amazing 3D models for Visual Effects and Animation in movies to highly detailed textured characters in the Video Game industry. His focus is now on perfecting turning how he turns his 3D designs into physical form with 3D printing. Edward runs and teaches Mold3D Academy which aids aspiring designers with learning how to do the most difficult part of 3D printing, which is 3D modeling and getting those ideas to life!
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Makers: The New Industrial Revolution
- Formlabs: Form 1 3D Printer
- Blender (Free)
- Autodesk Fusion 360
You Will Learn:
- How Edward started in the Toy Story and Jurassic Park-silicone graphic days and is now teaching cutting-edge 3D printing classes.
- The growth of 3D design and the increasingly improved rate which we are designing 3D models today.
- 3D Printing and how it impacted how Edward viewed the art of 3D modeling.
- Some of the challenges 3D educators face today with teaching aspiring 3D designers given the learning curve of 3D modeling.
- The learning curve of transitioning from 3D modeling for entertainment to modeling for 3D printing.
- The concept of a Desktop Factory in the Cloud and the idea that designers can make and create and then manufacture and sell their own things from the comfort of home devices.
- The increasing importance of branding as economic power shifts more to the individualized designer. Designers today have more control over both the creative process and the manufacturing process.
- How 3D printing will transform the career path for artists, entrepreneurs and inventors.
- The software 3D modeling programs Edward recommends for the beginner just getting into 3D printer (hint they are listed above).
Check out the show!
You can also find The 3D Masterminds Podcast via other Podcast channels.
Please make sure to leave us your honest review of the show!